decoupaging is super easy, meditative and makes your stuff purtier (especially old storage boxes or jars).
my method usually involves:
- hunting around at the bins for old children's/science/text books i don't mind ripping pages from because they're already dilapidated. or magazines i already have, of course.
- running to a craft store for mod podge gloss lustre (i like shiny, but matte probably works too) and those cheap little grey sponge brushes with the wooden handle.
- cutting out images from said materials and arranging them pre-glue.
- smoothing thin, thin layer of glue (get out the air pockets) on whatever item i'm working on.
- placing item just so. and the rest of them. and more.
- putting a few more thin layers of glue on top of finished piece.
- being super impressed at what i just made.
a few examples from mi casa:
boring kitchen table turned 70s recipe card extravaganza, child's photo frame and box that holds random pencils/pens.